1. First of all, tell us more about Styling Station?
Styling Station is a not-for-profit organisation. Our dressing rooms reshape the lives of women through a contemporary, compassionate fashion styling service. Relating to people is the heartbeat of Styling Station. Through our styling service, we restore dignity and hope in vulnerable women. We offer care and conversation. We are leaders in styling with sustainable fashion and we help major retailers and fashion brands divert their current and end of line stock going to landfill.
2. Where did the idea for Styling Station come from?
We saw gaps in the current fashion industry such as finding a way to divert NEW fashion away from landfill and to provide affordable and accessible personal styling services.
There was also a growing need even before COVID 19 to provide more support services to vulnerable women.
3. On average, how many women do you see in your styling space every week?
On average we deliver 30 styling services a week.
4. We imagine it would be extremely rewarding working at Styling Station. Can you share a particularly special moment you’ve experienced since starting?
It certainly is. We give genuine, heartfelt care for every individual. Our aim is for women to feel nurtured, heard, valuable and worthy. Like Natalia.
Natalia arrived in Australia as a refugee after fleeing Iran. She was going to be imprisoned for 25 years for modelling her Mother’s garments for her dressmaking business. Natalia was immensely grateful for the styling session and beautiful new clothes she received at Styling Station. She now feels confident and ready to commence her new job in IT. We’ve also invited Natalia to model for us!
5. We are personally very excited about bringing our team along for a Styling session with your team. Can you tell us a little more about what’s involved in a styling session?
We offer $90 1 hr personal styling service in a private boutique stocked with beautiful new fashion saved from landfill. As part of the styling session we offer a complementary outfit including up to 3 items. We provide styling tips that enhance not only women's body shape and style but confidence and self esteem.
6. We are so excited about being able to provide some older season stock to the Styling Station. How have women responded to the addition of JRC?
The JRC stock has been so popular amongst our clients from all walks of life, ages and styles. We’ve seen with our very own eyes how JRC designs really transform women’s self confidence. As stylists we unfortunately see the devastating effects that generations of diet culture has had on women’s self esteem. Sometimes ditching the negative self talk can seem impossible.
JRC is like wearing a big warm hug that has made our women feel and look good.