1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Do you have a day job? Hobbies?
Hey hey, my name is Anna and I am an illustrator and artist hailing from sunny Brissie. By day I am an art director at a really cute design studio in Red Hill and all other times I like being outside in nature, travelling, drinking lovely gin and eating cheese with friends and I just took up surfing so let's see how that goes.
2. When did you start painting and where do you draw inspiration from?
I don't really know when I started as I have always loved painting & drawing, since I was a little gal and I guess I just never put the pencil down. While all the cool cats were hanging out in the city after school, I was taking watercolour classes and I wasn't even mad about it. After I graduated I moved to Spain where I believe my illustration style evolved to where it is today.
My inspiration is heavily drawn from my cultural background, my dad is from a small island in Greece which is just an inspiration overload, so many beautiful colours and patterns. I also draw alot of inspo from traditional costumes of women from around the world, I love this imagery, they are the warrior beings you see in my work, I also mix these elements with nature, so you can say there is alot going on.
3. Do you collaborate with other creatives often? What’s your favourite things about collaborating?
I have only done a few collabs and I always love it, I love bringing two styles together and seeing what comes out of it. I recently illustrated a children's book which was so fun and challenging at the same time. But this collab is a dream come true, I am so honoured to be able to work with such incredible ladies that believe in the creative industry, creating some pretty amazing magic along the way.
4. What's your favourite piece from the collection?
Definitely the playsuit, I can see myself in that every day, seriously every day. I'm all about comfort and patterns, but hec they all are amazing. I also like that you can choose between the black and light peach. Ah so many options.
5. Top 3 things to see/eat/do in Brisbane.
1. Cedar Creek Falls for nature
2. Northey street & Powerhouse markets
3. Snack man and Carls for wine
4. King Arthur for coffee and breakfast
5. Honto and Zero Fox for delicious food
(I guess that is 5)